Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Reading the rag in Gulu

I don't get a lot of news, international or local, but when I'm at Cafe Larem for a cuppa I like to look through the local English-language newspapers. A few minutes of browsing one day clued me in on some local slang and dirt; I think I had picked up the the Gulu version of the sleazy "Dallas Observer." Did I really need to know any of this news?

- Abbatoir closed by health department because of human "pupu" found on the grounds
- A local female radio personality announced on her show that she only wears "knickers" on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday
- Sylvia Owori has taken over a prominent lady tycoon's "bonk mate"
- For better sex, article suggested a position to best accommodate for a small "gologos" ...help for her "twin towers" to rub his "Ituri forest" ... lights out recommended if she's worried to reveal her "kapapala" too much.

On another day, these were headlines in a more respected newspaper:
- Activitists Celebrate National Pot Hole Day (this was to call attention to horrendous pot hole situation on Kampala city streets)
- Nuns Held Over Marijuana Plants
- Respect Your Wife: Avoid Oral Sex
- Couple Jailed for Having Sex in Church (the charge was "insulting religion" with a maximum 2-year sentence possible)

No comments:

Post a Comment