Thursday, July 29, 2010

Interlude in Spain - to be continued



Photos: Malaga outdoor art exhibit in park ... loved these 'aged beauties' .... Ruth in Ronda in the mountains..

From Malaga I traveled to the quaint little mountain town of Antequera -- prompted by news of a blues festival there and I figured, why not?? Lovely two days there, great scenery, fair music. Then by train to Ronda, dramatically built on two sides of a very deep gorge, creating spectacular views of valley below and mountains beyond. Wondered how I could never have heard about a place this special! Bussed through the gorgeous mountains back down to the costa del sol ... could only find accommodation in Marbella even though I was desperately trying for a smaller, quieter little town. Fun place, lots of sunshine and beach time. And then I took a pleasant little day trip to Gibraltar before heading back to Morocco.

Maybe one of these days I'll do a real report. I hope so. This place holder will keep reminding me!

No comments:

Post a Comment